Edgemont and Scarsdale boasted some of the top performing elementary schools in New York State, including six of the top 11, according to education website Niche.
Fox Meadow was the top rated elementary school in Westchester County and fourth overall in New York.
Niche compiled data on elementary schools from all 50 states, Washington, D.C. and Puerto Rico. That data was broken into four different metrics and assigned a letter grade:
- Overall District Experience
- Teacher Grade
- Student Culture and Diversity
Fox Meadow boasted an “A+” grade in three out of the four categories. It scored a “B-” in student culture and diversity.
Edgewood placed just behind Fox Meadow at fifth in New York. Quaker Ridge, Greenacres, Greenville and Seely Place ranked seventh, eighth, 10th and 11th, respectively.
Westchester County Schools were featured prominently in the top 25.
- Fox Meadow, Scarsdale (No. 4)
- Edgewood, Scarsdale (No. 5)
- Quaker Ridge, Scarsdale (No. 7)
- Greenacres, Scarsdale (No. 8)
- Greenville, Edgemont (No. 10)
- Seely Place, Edgemont (No. 11)
- Osborn School, Rye City (No. 12)
- Heathcote School, Scarsdale (No. 13)
- Midland School, Rye City (No. 16)
- Bronxville Elementary, Bronxville (No. 17)
- Mamaroneck Avenue, Mamaroneck (No. 18)
- Douglas G. Grafflin School, Chappaqua (No. 20)
- Roaring Brook School, Chappaqua (No. 21)
- Westorchard School, Chappaqua (No. 22)
- Milton School, Rye City (No. 23)
- Wampus School, Byram Hills (No. 25)
Top honors in both New York and the country went to the George A. Jackson school in Long Island.